Tuesday 26 December 2017

Gymnastics duvet cover



A friend in Brisbane asked me a few months ago if I would be able to make a gymnastics-themed duvet cover for her son, who is an elite gymnast. They hadn't been able to find anything online, and she knows I sew and design, and have a gymnast son as well...



Of course I was happy to help. She really liked my blue Rings fabric, so I ordered 12 yards (!) from Spoonflower. It arrived a few weeks later, and the first challenge was to wash it and hang it out to dry!



I had never made a duvet cover before. It wasn't difficult, just a bit awkward working with those big pieces of fabric! It needed to be a king single size, so 180 cm x 210 cm. I was really pleased with how it turned out:



The young man received the cover yesterday as a Christmas present, and I was told he loved it. Here is a pic of the cover on his bed (used with permission):



Her son is a few years younger than Hugo, but if all goes well they will be in the Queensland team together next year. I can't wait!

No comments: