Monday 15 May 2017

Socks



After knitting two pairs of gloves in the round, I felt I was ready to tackle socks. So when I read about this gorgeous self-striping yarn (Trekking XXL by Zitron) on one of my favourite knitting blogs (in Dutch, but worth checking out), I decided to give it a go. I ordered the yarn, bought a set of 2.75 mm dpns, and found a free Ravelry pattern that looked doable (Basic Ribbed Socks by Kate Atherley). The first sock is almost finished now, and I'm surprised at how much I am enjoying it!



The Sydney Temperature Scarf is also growing, and as you can see it's finally getting colder (yellow means 15-20 degrees Celsius):



Exactly ten years ago, on May 15th 2007, I started this blog. We had arrived in Brisbane only a few weeks earlier, I had been making quilts for less than a year and was waiting for my sewing machine to arrive from the Netherlands. In that first post I talked about an alphabet quilt I wanted to make for my boys - that quilt got made eventually (in 2011, and not with paper-pieced blocks as I had originally intended but with Spoonflower swatches of my calligram designs), as did lots of other quilts. Lately it's mainly been knitting, as I seem to have lost my quilting mojo a bit, but I'm sure I'll get it back at some point.

I have enjoyed the journey so far and I hope you have enjoyed reading about it. I plan to keep blogging, if only for myself, as I like having this online journal of my creative endeavours. To be continued!

No comments: